We’ve been attempting new recipes inspired by our desire to cut back on carbohydrates and fill up with a lot of protein for dinner. One meal that we enjoyed making was chicken lettuce leaf wraps with Thai-inspired sauce.
- 1 Boston lettuce
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb chicken breast seasoned with salt and pepper, thinly cut into small pieces
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tbsp crushed red pepper
1. Heat extra virgin olive oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add chicken and cook. When chicken is half-way cooked, add red (or green) bell pepper and chopped peanuts. Cook until chicken has browned.
2. To make the sauce, add garlic, lime, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, and crushed red pepper to a bowl and mix well.
3. Wash Boston lettuce and serve with chicken and Thai-inspired sauce. Enjoy!