Our go-to meal to make is basil chicken because it’s simple, easy, and, paired with the right vegetables, delicious! It’s a very short recipe and takes only about 25 minutes to make, which our busy schedules greatly appreciates.
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, thinly sliced longitudinally
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 birds-eye chili peppers, minced
- 1 habanero pepper, finely chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast, thinly sliced (butterflied-cut)
- 1 yellow squash, thinly sliced into half-circles
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 tbsp KwongHungSeng sweet soy sauce (picture below: blue cap)
- 1 tbsp KwongHungSeng light soy sauce (picture below: white cap)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Conversion: 3 teaspoon = 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the minced shallot, habanero, chili peppers, and red bell pepper. Cook until garlic starts to brown and red bell peppers have softened, about 2-4 min. Add chicken.
2. Add light soy sauce and dark soy sauce once chicken is in. Once chicken fully cooked, add yellow squash and broccoli florets. Stir and cook until florets are cooked through. A way to make the veggies softer is add a tbsp of water over them after putting them in the pan.
If you have any questions or love the dish feel free to comment!